A instance. An idea. A lasting moment. This is a photograph. We wish to celebrate a moment in time from many different view points. On FUNIBER’s 25th anniversary, we will be organizing a special edition of the PHotoFUNIBER International Competition, celebrating its fifth anniversary.
In addition to promoting new talents through the contest, we will hold photography workshops, exhibitions showcasing the winning images from previous five editions of the contest, and interviews with photographers.
Thus, the Iberoamerican University Foundation (FUNIBER) presents the fifth edition of the PHotoFUNIBER International Photography Contest. The deadline for registering and submitting entries via the contest website, begins this Monday, January 30, and will be open until February 27 at 23:59 (Spanish time). Read the details here:
How to participate?
Before registering, you should review the rules of participation available at https://www.photofuniber.com/en/contest-rules/.
To be eligible, the submitted photographs must be original, and not have been awarded prizes in other contests or have been commercially used. The participant may submit a photograph in one of the four categories:
- NATURE: Photographs of natural environments, fauna, flora, water, among other elements of nature.
- HERITAGE: Photographs of cultural elements such as architecture, dance, gastronomy, craftwork, music, etc.
- PHOTOJOURNALISM: Photographs that express human complexities through people, events and actions that represent human values such as solidarity, cooperation, education and personal development.
- ABSTRACT: Photographs created with freedom of digital or handmade manipulation, representing an original idea, concept or aesthetics.
During the first phase, 20 photographs from each category will be chosen as finalist photographs. These images will be displayed in the online gallery of the contest page and be eligible for a public vote that will run from March 20 to April 11. In addition to a public voting, a Jury of Honor comprised of experts in photography, will choose the best images from the gallery of finalists.
- The winner of each category chosen by the jury will receive a €400 prize and an 80% scholarship for one of the postgraduate programs promoted by FUNIBER.
- The photograph in each category with the most public votes will also be awarded a €300 prize and a 50% scholarship for one of FUNIBER’s postgraduate programs. Voting will be done via the contest page at https://www.photofuniber.com, with Facebook likes.
- A total of six €200 special prizes will also be awarded for students and alumni of UNEATLANTICO and UNIC and postgraduate students with FUNIBER scholarships who completed their studies or are currently studying. Honorable mentions may be presented for each category.
The winning photos of PhotoFUNIBER’23 will be exhibited at the European University of the Atlantic’s exhibition hall, in Santander (Spain), from May 18 onwards. Afterwards, the exhibition will be toured around some of the countries where FUNIBER is located.
Take part now!