The Iberoamerican University Foundation (FUNIBER), through its Cultural Works, has published the list of winners of the fourth edition of the PHotoFUNIBER’22 International Photography contest.
The contest had the collaboration of the European University of the Atlantic, the International Iberoamerican University (UNINI Mexico), the International University Foundation of Colombia (UNINCOL), the Universidade Internacional do Cuanza (UNIC) and the International Iberoamerican University (UNIB).
The contest organisers will award a total of 14 prizes, divided between the four categories of participation: Photojournalism, Nature, Heritage and Abstract. The four winners by jury vote are:
- José Carricondo (Nature)
- Carlos Alberto Sánchez Álvarez (Heritage)
- Diogo Thompson Facanha Ribeiro (Photojournalism)
- Felipe Tomás Jiménez Ordóñez (Abstract)
The winners by jury vote will receive a prize of 400 euros and an 80% scholarship to study one of the postgraduate programmes promoted by FUNIBER. The photograph in each category with the most public votes will be awarded 300 euros and a 50% scholarship to study one of the postgraduate programmes sponsored by the Foundation. The authors selected were:
- Miguel Argelio Pérez Barillas (Nature)
- Julio Andrés Esquivel Soria (Heritage)
- Ana Cecilia Verástegui León (Photojournalism)
- Aldo Luján Zanetti (Abstract)
The UNEATLANTICO Special Prize is also awarded to the two best photographs submitted by students or former students of any degree of the University, with a prize of 200 euros for each winner. In this fourth edition the winners have been:
- Pablo Gutiérrez Menéndez (Nature) student of the degree in Advertising and Public Relations.
- Víctor Díaz Sánchez (Nature) student of the Audiovisual Communication degree.
Likewise, the FUNIBER Special Prize rewards the two best photographs submitted by postgraduate students with a FUNIBER scholarship, who have completed their studies or are currently studying. Two prizes of 200 euros will be awarded. Thus, the winners have been:
- Carlo’s Collier’s Valencia (Nature)
- Lizel Daniela Gómez Ybarrola (Photojournalism)
In addition, this year another special award will be given to two students of the Universidade Internacional do Cuanza (UNIC) with a prize of 200 euros each. The winners are:
- Faustino Pedro Agostinho Benguela (Photojournalism)
- Salomão Vieira Higino (Heritage)
In addition to the aforementioned prizes, several honourable mentions are awarded; Samia Linares (Photojournalism); Edgar Kanaykõ Xakriabá (Heritage) and Hugo Salvador (Photojournalism).
The contest, which reached its fourth edition this year, highlighted the quality and originality of the photographs entered in the different categories of the contest.
As in previous editions, the winning photographs will be exhibited in the exhibition hall of the Universidad Europea del Atlántico.